Subject: [Mtgvenue] consultation process text in draft

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 10:18:33 -0500

Hello,
    The text of section 5.2 doesn't quite line up with how things are
being worked in the meetings committee.  Based on discussions in the
meetings committee, I would like to propose the following change:

OLD/Existing

5.2.  Consultation

   Preliminary question:

   a.  The IAOC asks the community whether there are any barriers to
       holding a successful meeting in any of the target cities.
       Community responses are reviewed and concerns investigated.

   b.  On a public web page, the IAOC lists all candidate cities, when
       community input was solicited, and a summarization of the review
       results.

   c.  The IAOC then provides a list of vetted cities to the Meetings
       Committee to pursue as potential meeting locations.

NEW

5.2.  Consultation

   Preliminary question:

   a.  The IAOC asks the community whether there are any barriers to
       holding a successful meeting in any of the target cities.

   b.  Community responses are reviewed and concerns investigated by the
       Meetings Committee.  The results together with a recommendation
       of whether a city should or should not be considered as a
       potential meeting location is provided to the IAOC.

   c.  The IAOC identifies which cities are to be considered as
       potential meeting locations.

   d.  On a public web page, the IAOC lists all candidate cities, when
       community input was solicited, and if a city is to be considered
       as a potential meeting location.

   e.  The Meetings Committee pursues potential meeting locations
       based on the posted list of cities that have been identified
       as potential meeting locations.

any objections or comments?

Thanks,
Lou