Subject: [Mtgvenue] new version of draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-selection-process on the way

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 22:53:14 +0100

First, I'd like to add my thanks to Lou, Fred, Dave, Ray, Ole, Jim, and
Laura for their hard work.

Following up on Jari's and Charles' messages, I've done a quick rev. 
This draft contains the following changes, based on Melinda's notes:

  * Add openness comment as requested by Stephen Farrell. 
  * Add statement about 4071 as proposed by Brian and modified by Jari.
  * Elaborated on what "unfiltered" means, based on discussion between
    Eliot and Stephen.
  * Preface to Section 5 as discussed between Lou and Stephen.  Slight
    editorial tweak to that by Eliot. 
  * IETF operates  internationally, as proposed by Brian. 
  * Checklist moved to  an appendix.

The draft contains proposed text that the editor thinks might capture WG
consensus, or at least might serve as the focus of discussion for points
that don't yet have clear consensus. Bashing expected (and indeed
welcome).  To that end, I've created a github repository at
https://github.com/elear/mtgvenue.git.  You can make pull requests
against the draft, although I will be taking my queues from the WG
chairs regarding what substantial changes to make, and I presume they
will want discussion to take place here.

It's clear to me, and I hope to others, that there are a number of
substantial points of rough consensus that must be reached.

I look forward to seeing you all in Chicago not long from now.

Eliot