Subject: [Mtgvenue] document organization & such

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 12:05:20 +0200

Ladies and gentlemen,

By my reading, the text of the requirements is stable, and has largely
been stable for a long time.  Congratulations go to the people who
preceded me as editor and to the working group for that.  At the moment,
there are but four mandatory requirements, with a fifth one likely to be
added, relating to filtering.  There are quite a number of important
requirements.  Given this state, and assuming it does not radically
change, we have the opportunity to consider the document's structure.

At the moment criteria are found in a 2 column table.  It would be
possible to remove the tabular format altogether if we move mandatory
requirements to the front.  From that point, we would have a choice. 
For simplification purposes we can combine Important and Desired if we
so choose, or we can separate them into two sections, all below the
mandatory section.  My preference is for the former because there are
only three Desired requirements at this point.

The nice thing about doing it this way is that we can co-locate the text
about how a class of requirements is to be handled with the actual
requirements themselves.  We can retain the existing structural
separation within the Mandatory/Important/... sections so long as there
are enough criteria to do that with ;-)

If there are few objections, I will proceed to effect the change in the
next version of the document, which people can expect to see in several
weeks' time.

Eliot