Subject: Re: [Mtgvenue] [Gen-art] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-mtgvenue-iaoc-venue-selection-process-11

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 14:08:22 +0100

Hi Alissa,

On 30.01.18 16:54, Alissa Cooper wrote:

>>> 'It is anticipated that
>>>   those roles will evolve.  The IASA MUST keep the
>>>   community informed in this regard, and MAY do so without updating
>>>   this memo.'
>> I don't think the MUST significantly changes the meaning, so I'm ambivalent about the change. Since this text was put in to address a comment in AD Evaluation, I'm inclined to hear from Alissa.
> Perhaps the concern could be addressed by saying “without first updating this memo”? The point I raised is that this document shouldn’t gate the ability for the roles to change, but certainly if they do change the document should be updated (or obsoleted by a new document) to match the reality.
>

Editorially I don't think there is a full sentence that we want to add
to capture this.  The IASA is not responsible for this document, and I
don't think we want to make them responsible for it.  The community is
responsible.  Therefore, I suggest we run with Dan's text that simply
requires the IASA to keep the community informed of changes in a timely
fashion, and trust that the IASA will find the right means to do so.

Eliot

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2018 18:12:15 +0100

I wrote:

On 29.01.18 23:07, Eliot Lear wrote:
>
> The line in question is as follows:
>
>       This includes,
>       but is not limited to, native and unmodified IPv4 and IPv6
>       connectivity, global reachability, and no additional limitation
>       that would materially impact their Internet use.
>
> How about:
>
> This includes,
>       but is not limited to, native and unmodified IPv4 and IPv6
>       connectivity, global reachability, and no additional limitation
>       that would materially impact their Internet use.

And what I meant to propose was this:

        It MUST be possible to provision
         Internet Access to the Facility and IETF Hotels that allows
         local attendees to utilize the Internet for all their IETF,
         business, and day to day needs; as well as sufficient
         bandwidth and access for remote attendees. This includes, but
is not
         limited to, native and unmodified IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity,
         global reachability, and no  additional limitation that would
         materially impact their Internet use.

Sorry for the confusion.