Subject: Re: [Mtgvenue] Disposition of the group

From: "Pete Resnick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 16:58:26 -0500

Hi Alissa,

There was quite a bit of excitement between when you sent this message 
and now (to say the least) that you had to work on, but I was wondering 
if you made a decision on this. I personally think it would be 
reasonable to leave the mailing list live, close down the group, and 
then create a new charter if we find some more work that needs to be 
done in the future, and I don't think I've heard anyone on the list say 
anything particularly different. On the other hand, I'm also fine with 
going into a dormant mode as a WG and re-chartering when the time comes, 
if that is easier administratively. Whatever works for you.

pr

On 5 Mar 2020, at 13:01, Alissa Cooper wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The two deliverables for this group have been published: RFC 8718 and 
> RFC 8719. Thanks to everyone who contributed.
>
> At this point we could close the group. If we do that, I think we 
> should keep the mailing list open. Or we could keep the group open in 
> case people want to propose updates to the documents in the future. Or 
> we could talk about a re-charter if there are other related work items 
> people want to pursue. Please share your thoughts about the 
> disposition of the group.
>
> Thanks,
> Alissa

---

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 22:56:07 -0400

Hi Pete,

Indeed, I have been waiting on this since there has been a bunch of activity in the background concerning meeting planning for IETF 107 and 108, and I wanted to get a bit of a clearer picture about that before closing out this thread. I think at this point, though, that closing the group and keeping the list open is the sensible thing to do, and people who have posted in this thread seem to agree. We can always spin back up if necessary, or fold updates to this group's docs into a WG with a broader mandate to look at meeting planning guidance in light of COVID-19.

I’ll hit the close button now. Thanks to everyone for your work and dedication in this group, especially the authors, editors, and chairs.

Alissa

> On Apr 26, 2020, at 5:58 PM, Pete Resnick <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Alissa,
> 
> There was quite a bit of excitement between when you sent this message and now (to say the least) that you had to work on, but I was wondering if you made a decision on this. I personally think it would be reasonable to leave the mailing list live, close down the group, and then create a new charter if we find some more work that needs to be done in the future, and I don't think I've heard anyone on the list say anything particularly different. On the other hand, I'm also fine with going into a dormant mode as a WG and re-chartering when the time comes, if that is easier administratively. Whatever works for you.
> 
> pr
> 
>> The two deliverables for this group have been published: RFC 8718 and RFC 8719. Thanks to everyone who contributed.
>> 
>> At this point we could close the group. If we do that, I think we should keep the mailing list open. Or we could keep the group open in case people want to propose updates to the documents in the future. Or we could talk about a re-charter if there are other related work items people want to pursue. Please share your thoughts about the disposition of the group.
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> Alissa