Subject: [multimob] ID-update of draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps

From: "Thomas C. Schmidt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:56:28 +0100

Dear all,

we just updated the problem statement ID:

  "Multicast Mobility in MIPv6: Problem Statement and Brief Survey"

Abstract

    This document discusses current mobility extensions to IP layer
    multicast. Problems arising from mobile group communication in
    general, in the case of multicast listener mobility and for mobile
    Any Source Multicast as well as Source Specific Multicast senders are
    documented. Characteristic aspects of multicast routing and
    deployment issues for fixed IPv6 networks are summarized. Specific
    properties and interplays with the underlying network access are
    surveyed w.r.t. the relevant technologies in the wireless domain. It
    outlines the principal approaches to multicast mobility. In addition
    to providing a comprehensive exploration of the mobile multicast
    problem and solution space, this document attempts to draft a
    conceptual roadmap for initial steps in standardization for the use
    of future mobile multicast protocol designers.

It should be on the ID directory soon:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-03

but may be immediately downloaded from:

http://www.realmv6.org/papers/draft-irtf-mobopts-mmcastv6-ps-03.txt

This version is a major update, including

  * the outcome of the extensive discussions at Vancouver
  * a new section on multicast tunneling issues
  * a real lot of editorial improvements, which are mainly due to a very
    thorough review by Gorry Fairhurst.

The document seems to converge - it is our intention to provide another 
update shortly after Philadelphia to fill some gaps.

Please all, provide your comments and help us work towards finalization 
- to arrive at a high quality problem reference for this hot, but quite 
involved area of Mobile Multicast.

Best regards,

thomas

-- 

° Prof. Dr. Thomas C. Schmidt
° HAW Hamburg, Dept. Informatik
° University of Applied Sciences
° Berliner Tor 7, D 20099 Hamburg
° Germany, Fon: +49-40-42875-8157
° http://www.informatik.haw-hamburg.de/~schmidt
_______________________________________________
multimob mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multimob