Subject: [multipathtcp] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mptcp-threat-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:15:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Threat Analysis for Multi-addressed/Multi-path TCP
	Author(s)       : M. Bagnulo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-threat-00.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2010-02-18

Multi-addresses/Multi-path TCP (MPTCP for short) describes the
extensions proposed for TCP so that each endpoint of a given TCP
connection can use multiple IP addresses to exchange data (instead of
a single IP address per endpoint as currently defined).  Such
extensions enable the exchange of segments using different source-
destination address pairs, resulting in the capability of using
multiple paths in a significant number of scenarios.  In particular,
some level of multihoming and mobility support can be achieved
through these extensions.  However, the support for multiple IP
addresses per endpoint may have implications on the security of the
resulting MPTCP protocol.  This note includes a threat analysis for
MPTCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mptcp-threat-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.