Subject: [multipathtcp] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mptcp-architecture-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 01:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Architectural Guidelines for Multipath TCP Development
	Author(s)       : A. Ford, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-architecture-00.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2010-03-01

Endpoints are often connected by multiple paths, but TCP restricts
communications to a single path per transport connection.  Resource
usage within the network would be more efficient were these multiple
paths able to be used concurrently.  This should enhance user
experience through improved resilience to network failure and higher
throughput.

This document outlines architectural guidelines for the development
of a Multipath Transport Protocol, with references to how these
architectural components come together in the Multipath TCP (MPTCP)
protocol.  This document also lists certain high level design
decisions that provide foundations for the MPTCP design, based upon
these architectural requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mptcp-architecture-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.