Subject: [multipathtcp] New version of the API draft

From: "SCHARF, Michael" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 16:45:32 +0200

Hi all,

Alan and me have rewritten the API draft, and we tried to address all
comments from the last meeting.

There is a major change compared to the last version: This draft now
focuses on a basic MPTCP API only, which is simple and deals with
enabling and address management only. An advanced API with more control
is now outside the scope of this document. Some ideas are presented in
the appendix, but they will probably be moved to another draft in
future.

Please have a look at this new version and let us know if you consider
this to be a reasonable approach.

Thanks

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 4:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-scharf-mptcp-api-02.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : MPTCP Application Interface Considerations
	Author(s)       : M. Scharf, A. Ford
	Filename        : draft-scharf-mptcp-api-02.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2010-07-09

Multipath TCP (MPTCP) adds the capability of using multiple paths to a
regular TCP session.  Even though it is designed to be totally backward
compatible to applications, the data transport differs compared to
regular TCP, and there are several additional degrees of freedom that
applications may wish to exploit.  This document summarizes the impact
that MPTCP may have on applications, such as changes in performance.
Furthermore, it discusses compatibility issues of MPTCP in combination
with legacy applications.  Finally, the document describes a basic
application interface for MPTCP-aware applications that provides access
to multipath address information and a level of control equivalent to
regular TCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-scharf-mptcp-api-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.