Subject: [multipathtcp] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mptcp-architecture-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 00:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Architectural Guidelines for Multipath TCP Development
	Author(s)       : A. Ford, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-architecture-02.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2010-10-19

Hosts are often connected by multiple paths, but TCP restricts
communications to a single path per transport connection.  Resource
usage within the network would be more efficient were these multiple
paths able to be used concurrently.  This should enhance user
experience through improved resilience to network failure and higher
throughput.

This document outlines architectural guidelines for the development
of a Multipath Transport Protocol, with references to how these
architectural components come together in the development of a
Multipath TCP protocol.  This document lists certain high level
design decisions that provide foundations for the design of the MPTCP
protocol, based upon these architectural requirements.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mptcp-architecture-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Ford, Alan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:52:45 +0100

Hi all,

This new version of the MPTCP Architecture draft should have handled the
review comments received since the last IETF, and should be more
accessible to readers now. Many thanks to Olivier, Gorry, Iljitsch, and
Phil for the reviews.

Regards,
Alan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: 19 October 2010 08:45
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [multipathtcp] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-mptcp-architecture-02.txt