Subject: [multipathtcp] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mptcp-api-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPTCP Application Interface Considerations
	Author(s)       : M. Scharf, A. Ford
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-api-00.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2010-11-29

Multipath TCP (MPTCP) adds the capability of using multiple paths to
a regular TCP session.  Even though it is designed to be totally
backward compatible to applications, the data transport differs
compared to regular TCP, and there are several additional degrees of
freedom that applications may wish to exploit.  This document
summarizes the impact that MPTCP may have on applications, such as
changes in performance.  Furthermore, it discusses compatibility
issues of MPTCP in combination with non-MPTCP-aware applications.
Finally, the document describes a basic application interface for
MPTCP-aware applications that provides access to multipath address
information and a level of control equivalent to regular TCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mptcp-api-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.