Subject: [multipathtcp] FW: New Version Notification for draft-scharf-mptcp-api-04

From: "Ford, Alan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 11:49:18 -0000

Hi all,

Michael and I have submitted and updated version of the API draft, addressing the comments raised in Beijing. The key change is the clarification of the abstractness of the API, removing dependencies on setsockopt etc as per Dave Thaler's comments, and we now believe this should be ready for WG adoption.

Regards,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 22 November 2010 11:45
To: Ford, Alan
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-scharf-mptcp-api-04 

A new version of I-D, draft-scharf-mptcp-api-04.txt has been successfully submitted by Alan Ford and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-scharf-mptcp-api
Revision:	 04
Title:		 MPTCP Application Interface Considerations
Creation_date:	 2010-11-22
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 26

Abstract:
Multipath TCP (MPTCP) adds the capability of using multiple paths to
a regular TCP session.  Even though it is designed to be totally
backward compatible to applications, the data transport differs
compared to regular TCP, and there are several additional degrees of
freedom that applications may wish to exploit.  This document
summarizes the impact that MPTCP may have on applications, such as
changes in performance.  Furthermore, it discusses compatibility
issues of MPTCP in combination with non-MPTCP-aware applications.
Finally, the document describes a basic application interface for
MPTCP-aware applications that provides access to multipath address
information and a level of control equivalent to regular TCP.

The IETF Secretariat.