Subject: [multipathtcp] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mptcp-threat-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 02:15:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Threat Analysis for TCP Extensions for Multi-path Operation with Multiple Addresses
	Author(s)       : M. Bagnulo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-threat-07.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-01-11

Multi-path TCP (MPTCP for short) describes the extensions proposed
for TCP so that endpoints of a given TCP connection can use multiple
paths to exchange data.  Such extensions enable the exchange of
segments using different source-destination address pairs, resulting
in the capability of using multiple paths in a significant number of
scenarios.  In particular, some level of multihoming and mobility
support can be achieved through these extensions.  However, the
support for multiple IP addresses per endpoint may have implications
on the security of the resulting MPTCP protocol.  This note includes
a threat analysis for MPTCP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mptcp-threat-07.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.