Subject: [multipathtcp] Document Action: 'Threat Analysis for TCP Extensions for Multi-path Operation with Multiple Addresses' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-mptcp-threat-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:43:29 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Threat Analysis for TCP Extensions for Multi-path Operation with
   Multiple Addresses'
  (draft-ietf-mptcp-threat-08.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Multipath TCP Working Group.

The IESG contact person is Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-threat/

Technical Summary

  This document describes the threat analysis for Multi-path TCP which allows 
  an endpoint to use multiple IP addresses to exchange data. The goal of this
  document is to provide the information of possible threats in Multi-path TCP
  and recommendable solutions to make MPTCP as secure as the current TCP. 
  The information on this document is important for the basic design of MPTCP
  protocol. Additional strong secure mechanisms are out-of-scope of this document
  and will be addressed by other documents.

Working Group Summary

  This draft has been discussed in all IETF meetings since the creation of the WG.
  There is a strong consensus in the WG for publication as an informational RFC.

Document Quality

  This document was reviewed by various people and has been through WGLC
  successfully.
  The MPTCP protocol has been designed based on the recommendations
  in this document.

Personnel

  Yoshifumi Nishida ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
  Lars Eggert ([email-masked]) reviewed the document for the IESG.