Subject: [multipathtcp] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:15:02 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses
	Author(s)       : A. Ford, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-03.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2011-03-14

TCP/IP communication is currently restricted to a single path per
connection, yet multiple paths often exist between peers.  The
simultaneous use of these multiple paths for a TCP/IP session would
improve resource usage within the network, and thus improve user
experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
network failure.

Multipath TCP provides the ability to simultaneously use multiple
paths between peers.  This document presents a set of extensions to
traditional TCP to support multipath operation.  The protocol offers
the same type of service to applications as TCP (i.e. reliable
bytestream), and provides the components necessary to establish and
use multiple TCP flows across potentially disjoint paths.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Ford, Alan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:20:59 -0000

Hi all,

This is a significant diff in terms of text, but in terms of technical
content the main changes are as follows:

   o  Changed to using a single TCP option with a sub-type field.

   o  Merged Data Sequence Number, DATA ACK, and DATA FIN.

   o  Changed DATA FIN behaviour (separated from subflow FIN).

   o  Added crypto agility and checksum negotiation.

   o  Redefined MP_JOIN handshake to use only three TCP options.

   o  Added pseudo-header to checksum.

   o  Added more discussion on heuristics.

The fundamental operation hasn't changed, but there are a lot of
improvements of neatness and behaviour clarifications.

It would be fantastic if we had any volunteers to review this before
Prague. It doesn't need to be a detailed review, but we are very keen to
receive feedback on readability as well as technical content.

Cheers,
Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 14 March 2011 18:15
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [multipathtcp] I-D
Action:draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP Working Group of the
IETF.

	Title           : TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with
Multiple Addresses
	Author(s)       : A. Ford, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-03.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2011-03-14

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-03.t
xt