Subject: [multipathtcp] Fwd: IAB/IRTF Workshop on Congestion Control for Interactive Real-Time Communication, July 28, 2012 Vancouver, Canada

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 11:48:51 -0700

FYI..

IAB / IRTF Workshop on
Congestion Control for Interactive
Real-Time Communication****July 28, 2012
Vancouver, Canada****
** **
The IAB and IRTF will hold a workshop on Congestion Control for Interactive
Real-Time Communication" in Vancouver, Canada on Saturday, July 28th, 2012
prior to the IETF-84 meeting (see
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/84/index.html<http://www.ietf.org/meeting/83/index.html>).
 Participation at the workshop is free of charge. There is no requirement
to either register with or attend the IETF-84 meeting that follows the
workshop.****
** **
The workshop organizers would like to foster a discussion on:****

   1. What are appropriate congestion signals to use for interactive media
   and data?****
   2. What existing congestion control algorithms are appropriate for
   interactive media and data? What properties would be desirable in new
   congestion control algorithms?****
   3. Measurement and/or simulations of new congestion signals (e.g.,
   delay-based) and their interaction with existing congestion control
   mechanisms.****
   4. What are good available techniques for adjusting sending rates for
   interactive media and data? What are the limits of those techniques? What
   properties would be desirable in new techniques?****
   5. What application-specific considerations have to be taken into
   account?****
   6. How can we ensure that real-time communications are well-behaved with
   respect to other Internet applications while still providing good quality?
   ****
   7. What should the IETF and/or IRTF do?****

The organizers seek position papers on any or all of these topics, as well
as other topics related to congestion control for interactive realtime
media.****
** **
Every prospective workshop participant must submit a position paper
containing a name and an email address. Authors of accepted papers will be
invited to the workshop. Papers up to 3 pages, formatted in HTML, PDF, or
plain text (for example, as a submitted Internet-Draft) are ideal. Accepted
position papers will be published.  Additional details about the meeting
venue will be provided to authors of accepted papers.****
Important Dates****
Position paper submission deadline:          June 23, 2012
Notification to paper authors:                       June 30, 2012
Workshop date:                                             July 28, 2012****
Additional Details****
Additional details on the workshop as well as the submission process is
available at http://www.iab.org/cc-workshop/****
Contact****To sponsors: If you are interested to help us working towards
better interactive media congestion control mechanisms on the Internet
(such as by making a contribution towards catering costs and room rental),
please contact us!****
In case of questions please send email to mary.ietf.barnes at gmail.com.****
** **