Subject: [multipathtcp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-09.txt> (TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 09:43:18 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Multipath TCP WG (mptcp) to
consider the following document:
- 'TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses'
  <draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed-09.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-15. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   TCP/IP communication is currently restricted to a single path per
   connection, yet multiple paths often exist between peers.  The
   simultaneous use of these multiple paths for a TCP/IP session would
   improve resource usage within the network, and thus improve user
   experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
   network failure.

   Multipath TCP provides the ability to simultaneously use multiple
   paths between peers.  This document presents a set of extensions to
   traditional TCP to support multipath operation.  The protocol offers
   the same type of service to applications as TCP (i.e. reliable
   bytestream), and provides the components necessary to establish and
   use multiple TCP flows across potentially disjoint paths.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-multiaddressed/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1842/
   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1843/