Subject: [multipathtcp] New Version Notification for draft-paasch-mptcp-control-stream-00.txt

From: Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 13:18:43 +0100

Hello,

just to let you know that we have submitted a new draft. The draft
introduces a control stream to MPTCP that allows to send control information
within an MPTCP-session without using the limited TCP option space.

See below for the links to the draft.

Cheers,
Christoph

----

A new version of I-D, draft-paasch-mptcp-control-stream-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Christoph Paasch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-paasch-mptcp-control-stream
Revision:	00
Title:		A generic control stream for Multipath TCP
Document date:	2014-02-11
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		11
URL:            http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-paasch-mptcp-control-stream-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-paasch-mptcp-control-stream/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-paasch-mptcp-control-stream-00

Abstract:
   Multipath TCP's extensive use of TCP options to exchange control
   information consumes a significant part of the TCP option space.
   Extending MPTCP to add more control information into the session
   becomes cumbersome as the TCP option space is limited to 40 bytes.

   This draft introduces a control stream that allows to send control
   information as part of the subflow's payload.  The control stream is
   mapped into a separate sequence number space and uses a TLV-format
   for maximum extensibility.  It is left to future documents to specify
   how the TLV-format might be used to exchange control information.  As
   the control stream is sent as part of the subflow's payload, it is
   not subject to the 40 bytes limitation of the TCP option space.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

----- End forwarded message -----