Subject: [multipathtcp] Operational experience with Multipath TCP

From: Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 18:05:57 +0100

Hello,

The charter of the MPTCP working group contains the following objective :

  > Prior to publishing a Standards Track specification, the working
  > group will document experimental results and operational experiences
to-date.
  > This should consider not just experience with well-connected fat-pipe
  > networks and long-lived flows, but also consider a broader links and
  > types of applications; particularly looking for cases where MPTCP
  > could be detrimental in some way.

We know from interactions on this mailing list and also based on 
personnal contacts that there are several operationnal deployments of 
Multipath TCP that use our implementation in the Linux kernel and even 
wider deployments on iOS7 devices. In order to prepare the above 
objective of the MPTCP charter, we are seeking input from all MPTCP 
users and experimenters.

If you use MPTCP in production, could you send a message on this list 
(or privately if you prefer to remain anonymous) indicating your use 
case and the lessons that you've learned by using Multipath TCP. All 
operationnal experience is welcome and will help us to document how 
Multipath TCP is used, the benefits that it provides and the possible 
operationnal drawbacks that it has.

If you have written a paper or blog post that describes measurement 
results of lessons based on operationnal experience, let us know.

Thanks

Olivier Bonaventure