Subject: [multipathtcp] Asymmetric scheduling

From: Apostolis Salkintzis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 21:21:47 +0200

Hi All,

Short question: Is it possible to have different MPTCP schedulers in the
client and in the server that could lead to asymmetric use of uplink and
downlink resources? E.g. the client could send most uplink data on path#1
while the server could send most downlink data on path#2.

Thanks,
Apostolis
---
*Motorola Mobility UK Ltd.*
System Design Group - Wireless Systems Research and Standardization
Registered Office: Redwood, Crockford Lane, Chineham Business Park,
Basingstoke, RG24 8WQ
Reg. No: 6969556  - England
VAT No. GB984328092
Limited Liability Company

---

From: Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 03:14:09 +0100

Hello,

> while the server could send most downlink data on path#2.

yes, each end-host is free to use his own heuristics when scheduling the
traffic among the different subflows.

Cheers,
Christoph