Subject: [multipathtcp] MPTLS : Making TLS and Multipath TCP stronger together

From: Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 09:59:33 +0100

FYI,

The submitted draft shows that by better integrating Multipath TCP and 
TLS together, it is possible to improve the security and reliability of 
both protocols. MPTLS could be used by all TLS applications and could 
also serve as a basis for the TCPINC work.

I won't be able to attend the Hawaii meeting, but comments and 
discussion on the list are of course more than welcome.

Olivier

-------- Original Message --------

A new version of I-D, draft-bonaventure-mptcp-tls-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Olivier Bonaventure and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-bonaventure-mptcp-tls
Revision:	00
Title:		MPTLS : Making TLS and Multipath TCP stronger together
Document date:	2014-10-27
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		21
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bonaventure-mptcp-tls-00.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bonaventure-mptcp-tls/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bonaventure-mptcp-tls-00

Abstract:
    Multipath TCP and the Transport Layer Security (TLS) include several
    techniques that improve the reliability and the security of data
    transfers.  In this document we propose Multipath TLS (MPTLS), a
    tighter coupling between TLS and Multipath TCP that provides improved
    security and reliability in the presence of adversaries.  MPTLS would
    the resilience of existing TLS applications to attacks.  It could
    also serve as a basis for the TCP extension that is being discussed
    within the TCPINC working group to provide unauthenticated encryption
    and integrity protection of TCP streams.