Subject: [multipathtcp] MPTCP compliance test suite

From: Rao Shoaib <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 00:17:12 -0700

Hi All,

Is there a MPTCP compliance test suite to evaluate the compliance of an 
implementation.

Regards,

Shoaib

---

From: Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 09:27:29 +0200

Hello,
> Is there a MPTCP compliance test suite to evaluate the compliance of an

Not in the working group. One of our students wrote such a test during 
his Master thesis and presented it at the IETF and the area directors 
replied that an IETF WG should not work on conformance tests...

The draft is still available at

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-coene-mptcp-conformance-00

Two of our students also wrote a version of packetdrill that has been 
adapted for MPTCP and could be useful if you define tests

https://github.com/aschils/packetdrill_mptcp

Despite the fact that the IETF will not define conformance tests, it 
would be interesting to collect information about the test suites that 
implementors use to validate their implementation.

Olivier

---

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 00:52:10 -0700

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 12:27 AM, Olivier Bonaventure <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Not in the working group. One of our students wrote such a test during his
> Master thesis and presented it at the IETF and the area directors replied
> that an IETF WG should not work on conformance tests...
>
> Despite the fact that the IETF will not define conformance tests, it would
> be interesting to collect information about the test suites that

Just in case..
We might not standardize conformance tests, but I think it should be
totally fine to use the WG to discuss them or share the related info.

Thanks,
--
Yoshi