Subject: [multipathtcp] Multipath TCP for FreeBSD v0.5

From: Nigel Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 16:42:04 +1000

Hi,

A new mptcp v0.5 patch is available at 
http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/newtcp/mptcp/tools.html. This release 
represents a near-complete rewrite of the v0.4 implementation and as 
such there have been a large number of changes (see [1] and [2]). The 
patch applies against r285254 of FreeBSD-HEAD.

Current functionality is slightly advanced of the previous patch, though 
the new code base should allow for an increased rate of improvement over 
the next few months. I'm hoping to keep to release incremental updates 
on a more regular basis over this time period.

Along with the patch there are also pre-configured VMs and a pre-built 
kernel binary available for download, for those who want to try it out 
without going through the patching/building process. There is also a set 
of scripts that demonstrate some basic multi-path connections.

The patch is still under heavy development and testing so consider this 
release code to be of alpha quality (expect bugs/panics etc). Currently 
it supports MPTCP for FreeBSD-to-FreeBSD connections only. Feedback re 
bugs encountered or suggestions on code/design improvements is welcome.

To come in the near future:
- A public-facing source repository
- A report that details the design of the current implementation

This work has been made possible in part by grants from the FreeBSD 
Foundation, and The Cisco University Research Program Fund at Community 
Foundation Silicon Valley.

cheers,
nigel

[1] http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/newtcp/mptcp/tools/v05/mptcp-readme-v0.5.txt
[2] 
http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/newtcp/mptcp/tools/v05/mptcp-changelog-v0.5.txt