Subject: [multipathtcp] draft-boucadair-mptcp-plain-mode-06

From: "Ivancic, William D. (GRC-LCA0)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 15:37:46 +0000

Mohamed and/or Christian,

Can you provide some clarification regarding the plain-mode draft?

I am interested in something like Multipath UDP and this draft appears to
handle that architecture.  My question is, ³Are the MP-TCP subflows
recombined such that the UDP datagram order is maintained coming out of
the concentrator proxy?"

Also, will MP-TCP in plain-mode  make adjustments if a link goes down or a
new link becomes available?

The CPE and the Concentrator establish a set of MPTCP subflows.
   These subflows are used to transport UDP datagrams that are
   distributed among existent subflows.
-------
"TCP session tracking may not be enabled for the set of subflows
that are dedicated to transport UDP traffic.²
------

  The establishment of these subflows is not conditioned by
   the receipt of UDP packets; instead, these subflows are initiated
   upon CPE reboot or when network conditions change (e.g., whenever a
   new Concentrator is discovered or a new IP address is assigned to the
   Concentrator).  Additional MPTCP connections may be established to
   anticipate UDP traffic to be distributed among several paths.  The
   maximum number of MPTCP connections that can be dedicated to UDP
   traffic may be configured locally to the CPE and the Concentrator.
   How this parameter is configured is implementation and deployment-
   specific.