Subject: [multipathtcp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-mptcp-rfc6824bis-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 03:25:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multipath TCP WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP Extensions for Multipath Operation with Multiple Addresses
        Authors         : Alan Ford
                          Costin Raiciu
                          Mark Handley
                          Olivier Bonaventure
                          Christoph Paasch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mptcp-rfc6824bis-09.txt
	Pages           : 73
	Date            : 2017-07-28

Abstract:
   TCP/IP communication is currently restricted to a single path per
   connection, yet multiple paths often exist between peers.  The
   simultaneous use of these multiple paths for a TCP/IP session would
   improve resource usage within the network and, thus, improve user
   experience through higher throughput and improved resilience to
   network failure.

   Multipath TCP provides the ability to simultaneously use multiple
   paths between peers.  This document presents a set of extensions to
   traditional TCP to support multipath operation.  The protocol offers
   the same type of service to applications as TCP (i.e., reliable
   bytestream), and it provides the components necessary to establish
   and use multiple TCP flows across potentially disjoint paths.

   This document specifies v1 of Multipath TCP, obsoleting v0 as
   specified in RFC6824 [RFC6824] through clarifications and
   modifications primarily driven by deployment experience.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-mptcp-rfc6824bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mptcp-rfc6824bis-09
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-mptcp-rfc6824bis-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-mptcp-rfc6824bis-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Alan Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 11:27:22 +0100

Hi all,

This removes the Address ID from MP_PRIO as per the WG consensus. It also fixes a few typos.

Regards,
Alan

> On 28 Jul 2017, at 11:25, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> multipathtcp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/multipathtcp