Subject: [multipathtcp] comments on draft-hesmans-mptcp-socket-03

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2018 01:07:53 -0700

Hi,
I've read draft-hesmans-mptcp-socket-03 and have comments on several
points listed below.

1: I think expression of __u8 or __u16 are not very common. (I guess
linux specific) So, I guess uint8_t or uint16_t might be better for
them unless there's specific reasons.

2: Do we need 16 bits for low_prio, although it is currently used for
binary info? Also, I am wondering prio might be better rather than
low_prio. Because I'm not very sure how to use low_prio=2 or 3.
However, I can image using prio=2 or 3 to indicate higher priority.

3: Section 3.4 uses the same name for the structure  in Section 3.1
(mptcp_sub_tuple). But, the members in the structure are different..
Is this intentional?

4: It seems to me that if_idx and ipv6_srh will be overwritten when
the second inet_pton() is called in the sample code in Figure 11.
Also, I think sin_family, sin_port and sin_addr should be sin6_.

Thanks,
--
Yoshi