Subject: [multipathtcp] One-way delay-aware scheduling

From: Alexander Frömmgen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2018 19:06:53 +0200

Hi all,

I just noticed that there was a discussion about one-way delay-aware
scheduling at the last IETF meeting. During our work on ProgMP[0], we
implemented one-way delay-aware MPTCP scheduling in combination with active
probing of subflows [1]. Parts of the source are already available and the
remaining stuff will follow soon.

In general, our experiments show that it works J  In particular, we can
reach application-layer round-trip times below the minimum subflow
round-trip time. However, we do not really know the real world delay
asymmetries.

If you visit http://amiusingmptcp.de with MPTCP and multiple subflows, the
page will show your round-trip time statistics as well as one-way delay
estimates. This might help us to gather some real world delay distributions.
Please contact me if you experience problems or measurement artefacts with
this page.

Kind regards,

Alexander

[0] https://progmp.net 

[1] https://progmp.net/thinStreams.html