Subject: Re: Valid charecter set in DNS

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:05:14 +0700

Date:        Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:38:17 -0500
    From:        Danny Mayer <[email-masked]>
    Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>

  | It's not part of any RFC for SRV Records.

Have you ever looked at RFC2782 ?

kre

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Kenneth Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Apr 2002 12:59:24 -0700

> Have you ever looked at RFC2782 ?

Don't feel bad, I got burned by this a few months back. The newer RFC
wasn't in the BIND distribution at the time. It specifies the prefixing
of underscores on service and protocol names to avoid collision with
other names in the DNS namespace.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2782.txt