Subject: Re: root zone file

From: bert hubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:30:50 +0200

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 01:09:30AM -0700, Jim Reid wrote:

> This is an easy thing for someone who doesn't run a root server to
> say. The root servers get so much crap flung at them the last thing
> they need is even more gratuitously unnecessary traffic. What makes
> this all the more depressing is most of this load would go away if

I'm not advocating gratuitously adding traffic. I am arguing, as you are,
that the legitimate traffic is not the problem - the crap is.

Regards,

bert

-- 
http://www.PowerDNS.com          Versatile DNS Software & Services
http://www.tk                              the dot in .tk
http://lartc.org           Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>