Subject: Re: A6/DNAME - game over

From: Robert Elz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 22:39:13 +0700

Date:        Fri, 31 May 2002 08:03:35 -0700 (PDT)
    From:        Bill Manning <[email-masked]>
    Message-ID:  <[email-masked]>

  | 	Humph.  A6/DNAME are being moved to -EXPERIMENTAL- not

Paul's mail actually only mentioned bitstring labels.   If that's
the limit of what's not to be used (he also said it was what
gethostbyaddr() would do, not what the server would support),
then I personally don't think we'll lose a huge amount.   Delegations
on arbitrary bit boundaries in addresses would be nice, but attempting
to explain to your average DNS admin how to manage a bitstring label
is certainly beyond my abilities.

kre

ps: Bill, if you haven't received any private mail from me in the past
couple of weeks, we have some kind of mailer problem to sort out...
If you have and have replied, then same thing.  If you have, and are
ignoring me, then that's ok.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Mats Dufberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 19:20:38 +0200 (CEST)

On May 31, 2002, 08:03 (-0700) Bill Manning <[email-masked]> wrote:

> 	Humph.  A6/DNAME are being moved to -EXPERIMENTAL- not

Only A6 is being moved to experimental, not DNAME. There is no change of
DNAME as such, only the recommended solution for the reverse tree is
changed.

Mats

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mats Dufberg				             Registry TeliaNet
[email-masked]                                  Skanova/AO Networks
+46 8 456 7274                                               Box 10707
+46 70 258 2588                                    SE-121 29 Stockholm
----------------------------------------------------------------------