Subject: LLMNR Issue 28: Addressing

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 06:55:14 -0800 (PST)

Issue 28: Addressing
Submitter: Christian Huitema
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: January 17, 2003
Reference:
Document: LLMNR-13
Comment type: T
Priority: S
Section: 2.5
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Change:

"For IPv4 link-scope addressing, section 2.4 of "Dynamic Configuration of
IPv4 Link-Local Addresses" [IPV4Link] lays out the rules with respect to
source address selection, TTL settings, and acceptable
source/destination address combinations. IPv6 is described in [RFC2460];
IPv6 link-scope addressing is described in [RFC2373]. LLMNR queries and
responses obey the rules laid out in these documents. "

To:

"The source address of the LLMNR packets must be on link, and the
destination address must be either a link-scope multicast address or an
on-link address. For IPv4, an on-link address is defined as an address
whose prefix belongs to a subnet on the local link; for IPv6, an on-link
address is either a link-local address, as defined in the IPv6 addressing
architecture, or an address whose prefix belongs to a subnet on the local
link."

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>