Subject: Re: Q-6: May security-aware resolvers cache "Bad" data?

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:38:52 -0500

At 2:38 -0500 3/27/03, Sam Weiler wrote:
>Maybe it should be left to the implementation.

Yeah - less limitations. ;)

Really - since we don't know whether the hold down or the damping of 
traffic is better, let the implementors find out.

PS - Besides the potential for the middle box having the wrong key, 
it might also have the wrong time.
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

I've had it with world domination.  The maintenance fees are too high.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:18:54 -0500

> it might also have the wrong time.

That's the case that particularly concerned me.