Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1886bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:28:04 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: DNS Extensions to support IP version 6
	Author(s)	: S. Thomson, C. Huitema et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1886bis-02.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2003-3-4
	
This document defines the changes that need to be made to the Domain
Name System to support hosts running IP version 6 (IPv6).  The
changes include a resource record type to store an IPv6 address,
a domain to support lookups based on an IPv6 address, and updated
definitions of existing query types that return Internet addresses as
part of additional section processing.  The extensions are designed
to be compatible with existing applications and, in particular, DNS
implementations themselves.
This Document combines RFC1886 and changes to RFC 1886 made by
RFC 3152, obsoleting both. Changes mainly consist in replacing 
the IP6.INT domain by IP6.ARPA as defined in RFC 3152.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1886bis-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1886bis-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc1886bis-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.