Subject: Re: DNSEXT WGLC: DNSSEC Opt-in

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:12:53 +0000

> So, isn't it time to pass/kill this one?

dunno.  but in any case i am strongly in favour of it, both because it
softens the privacy-related impact of early dnssec deployment (walking
a short nxt chain exposes less information than walking a full nxt chain
would) and because of some obscure corner cases which have shown up in
private workshops that are much easier to isolate and to think about in
an opt-in world.

re:

> > This is the beginning of a 3 week working group last call.
> > This last call ends on December 6'th.
> >
> > This document updates RFC2535 to allow NXT chain to omit insecure
> > delegations. This document covers the implications this has on
> > servers and resolvers.
> >
> > This document is on standards track and is available via following URL:
> > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-
> > 04.txt
> >
> > 	Olafur

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:25:09 -0800

>private workshops that are much easier to isolate and to think about in

One of the concerns that I have heard is that DS without Opt-In really
needed those workshops in order to expose some corner cases and
that Opt-In really has not had the kind of workshop trials that DS has
had.

Have I missed those workshop announcements, and, if so, are there public
results I could catch up on?
                                 regards,
                                         Ted Hardie

---

From: David Conrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:36:51 -0800

To be perfectly honest, I no longer care which direction is chosen as 
long as a direction is chosen.

Rgds,
-drc

---

From: Brian Wellington <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 23:06:29 -0800 (PST)

> private workshops that are much easier to isolate and to think about in

Are you (or someone else) planning to share what these corner cases are?

Brian