Subject: RE: draft-ietf-dnsext-insensitive-01.txt

From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:21:09 -0500

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to miss
  and therefore delete posts by non-subscribers.  if you wish to regularly
  post from an address that is not subscribed to this mailing list, send a
  message to <listname>[email-masked] and ask to have the alternate
  address added to the list of addresses from which submissions are
  automatically accepted. ]

The current draft is -02, not -01.

It's probably reasonable to add something to say that case
insensitivity isn't handled in idn. The "case insensitivity"
has only to do with byte values and the DNS has no idea whether
someone thinks some label is supposed to be ASCII or
international or alien or just a seaquence of binary octets.

Donald

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Blanchet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 1:12 PM
To: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: draft-ietf-dnsext-insensitive-01.txt

I would like to suggest to add a section to this draft about how case
insensitivity is handled in idn, in order to get some references to
additional related work (idn) that have important impact on case
insensitivity for the user point of view.

Regards, Marc.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>