Subject: Re: LLMNR interoperability with Rendezvous?

From: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:57:02 -0400

On Thursday 28 August 2003 14:03, Stuart Cheshire wrote:
> LLMNR could interoperate with that installed base with only a few trivial
> changes, but the will to make those changes depends on whether the
> working group has any interest in interoperability.

It would be disappointing, to say the least, if LLMNR and Rendezvous didn't 
interoperate.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:56:11 -0400

> working group has any interest in interoperability.

If the differences are in fact trivial, yes, but let's see the
proposal before making that judgement.

---

From: "Eric A. Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:34:04 -0500

on 8/28/2003 1:03 PM Stuart Cheshire wrote:

> LLMNR could interoperate with that installed base with only a few
> trivial changes, but the will to make those changes depends on whether
> the working group has any interest in interoperability.

Lacking any specifics, yes, it would be a good thing.

What are the necessary changes?

-- 
Eric A. Hall                                        http://www.ehsco.com/
Internet Core Protocols          http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/coreprot/

---

From: Mika Liljeberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:48:00 +0300

> proposal before making that judgement.

My thoughts exactly.

	MikaL

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:46:01 -0400

Having little personal experience with Rendezvous or LLMNR, or desire to
use either of them, I'd say that they should interoperate. Now that I
know there are more than OS X using it, maybe I'll encounter it.

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another Debian/notebook using, kernel hacking, security guy");  [

---

From: Aidan Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:55:23 +1000

> working group has any interest in interoperability.

I think that would be a useful thing to achieve.
Some details spelling out what needs to be changed would help.
- aidan

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:58:43 +0900

> Is there any interest in this working group in making LLMNR interoperate
> with Rendezvous?

sure.  what changes will be needed in rendezvous?

randy