Subject: draft: resolver-application interface

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:44:44 +0100

Hello,

During the LCWS workshop of a few weeks ago the topic was also discussed: what
does an application wants/needs to know from a secure aware resolver. I then
said I was working on a draft trying to initiate and focus that discussion.

During the last few days this topic has also (sort of) sprung up on the
namedroppers ML. I'm not sure the draft is dnsop or dnsext material, but
I'm posting it here as I feel we were already discussing these sort of
things.

It is still a *very rough* draft, but I didn't want it to delay any more
than it already has.

Authors:  
   Gilles Guette, Olivier Courtay and Miek Gieben

Abstract:
   This document describes an interface between a DNSSEC aware resolver
   and an application. This interface will define which kind of
   information a DNSSEC aware resolver is able to send back to an
   application. The basic question we want to answer is: "What does an
   application wants to know from a secure aware resolver?".

   In section Section 4 we define an error bit array. The secure aware
   resolver will set specific bits in the array. With the added 
   information in this error array, the application can have extra 
   control on what to do with bogus data.

   This document is written in the hope that it will lead to a
   discussion within the IETF on the resolver-application
   interaction(s).

Where: 
   http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/dnssec/draft-gieben-resolver.txt

grtz
      Miek
--
...all white space is equivalent except in certain situations...
- C99 Standard -- http://www.vmunix.com/~gabor/c/draft.html

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>