Subject: rrsig(qtype)

From: Roy Arends <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 09:28:32 +0200 (CEST)

This is an alternative online signing proposal:

Deny existence for QTYPE,QNAME,QCLASS by responding with empty answer
section and RRSIG in authority section, which is dynamically generated and
has signature field value: sign(RRSIG_RDATA).

example:

Dynamic No Data Error

   A "NODATA" response.  The RRSIG proves that the requested RR type does
   not exist.

   ;; Header: QR AA DO RCODE=0
   ;;
   ;; Question
   mail.example.     IN MX

   ;; Answer
   ;; (empty)

   ;; Authority
   mail.example. 600 IN RRSIG  MX 5 1 600 20040609183619 (
                               20040609183019 37223 example.
                               ONx0k36rcjaxYtcNgq6iQnpNV5+drqYAsC9h
                               ..
                               jV7j86HyQgM5e7+miRAz8V01b0I= )

   ;; Additional
   ;; (empty)

Roy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>