Subject: Q: Does advancing DNSSECbis to IESG prevent NSEC-alt in the future?

From: Ólafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:36:59 -0400

After reading Paul's Vixie -ter proposal
http://psg.com/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2004/msg00967.html
and  Jakob, Peter and Roy's -trans list of approaches
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-trans-00.txt

Please speak up on this question to help chairs gauge consensus.

thanks	
	Olafur & Olaf. 

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:12:22 +0200

In  http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2004/msg01033.html

 >Please speak up on this question to help chairs gauge consensus.

The question being:
Q: Does advancing DNSSECbis to IESG prevent NSEC-alt in the future?

There has not been enough clear statements, we are looking for
support, please help us out.

We need to be able document that there is consensus that forwarding
DNSSEC-bis does not close the door on NSEC2, NSEC-alt or other methods
denial of existence that prevent zone enumeration.

Please respond either on the mailing list or in a e-mail to both
chairs.

Following are the changes the chairs are aware off and will
be done before documents are forward to IESG:

 1. Caching issue brought up by David Blacka.
 2. Make it clearer that name space in NSEC records is circular.
 3. Minor text clarifications brought up.

Issues that are not resolved yet:
 1. Division of flag bits, as proposed by Simon Josefsson
 2. Need for special cases in NSEC records processing for
    white lies/on-line signing.

Speak out if you think these items need or need not be resolved. If
you think these items need to be resolved than contribute with text
that can go into the document. If there is no obvious consensus on
support for these proposals, they will not be taken into account.

We need to move forward. If not, we will not make the cut-off date,
run into the holiday season and it will be mid September before we
have had any progress.

 Ólafur and Olaf 
 DNSEXT Co-Chairs