Subject: Re: TCR

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 22:33:32 -0400

>semantically, that boils down to "dnssec-bis is not dnssec, use it for
>small experiments only, we'll have -ter for you in a year or two."

That struck me too as I sent it.

>let's be very careful about actually making statements equivalent to that.
>(the above is only a proposal, not a statement, so we're ok so far... but
>the day is young.)

'Zactly.

Given experience, it's probably wise to just say "here is the spec" 
and let the community figure out what to do (or not) with it.

Right now I kind of like using the proto field of the DNSKEY to 
"signal" a new method, recognizing there are other approaches out 
there.  Given the tenor that this is just a Proposed Standard and all 
that it entails, I think we might as well push the docs as they are.

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

"I can't go to Miami.  I'm expecting calls from telemarketers." -
Grandpa Simpson.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>