Subject: Key Distribution I-D

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 10:44:45 +0100

The I-D editors seem to be sitting on it, so here's my copy...

http://www.links.org/dnssec/draft-laurie-dnssec-key-distribution-00.txt
http://www.links.org/dnssec/draft-laurie-dnssec-key-distribution-00.html

Abstract:

Until DNSSEC is fully deployed, so-called "islands of trust" will
exist. This will lead to a large number of keys with no method within
DNSSEC to manage the keys.

This proposal seeks to address that issue using existing mechanisms to
allow cross-signing of root (i.e. roots of islands) keys.

This cross-signing of keys creates a non-hierarchical web of trust
which permits the efficient gathering and validation of trust anchors.

Comments welcome, of course. Not sure whether it belongs in DNSOP or 
DNSEXT, hence the crossposting.

Cheers,

Ben.

-- 
ApacheCon! 13-17 November! http://www.apachecon.com/

http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html       http://www.thebunker.net/

"There is no limit to what a man can do or how far he can go if he
doesn't mind who gets the credit." - Robert Woodruff

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>