Subject: Re: Little endians, big endians, and 16 bit eggs

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 03:57:24 +0000

> Serious point: DNS is/was a low level protocol which did a fair job
> of turning requests for hostnames into IP addresses with a reasonably
> small number of bytes transmitted. The larger the edifice is built,
> the more one worries about the humble foundations.

after EDNS0, the foundations are just fine, thanks.  "more weight."

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:33:27 +0000

> I'm not sure that means buildings of any and every type should be built on
> top of them though. There may be other types of foundations better suited
> to certain types of architecture (pun intended).

i agree, but you should all take a look at the following, just the same:

<http://www.doxpara.com/dns_bh/Black_Ops_DNS_BH_files/v3_document.htm>