Subject: once more with the dname

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:53:59 -0400

Before we get lost in the weeds...

Arriving in Minneapolis I had this documented (in wcard -05):

# 4.4 DNAME RRSet at a Wild Card Domain Name
#
#    A DNAME RRset at a wild card domain name is effectively the same
#    as a CNAME at a wild card domain name.

In Minneapolis I heard that, in no uncertain terms, that "* DNAME" 
was not like CNAME, further that it should be outlawed like "* NS". 
This was reported in the open meeting there (check the transcripts)...

I can't justify outlawing "* DNAME" and in fact, every time I try to 
find a problem, I come back to "DNAME is like CNAME."

To those who feel that "* DNAME" is a problem - can you please 
explain what I am missing?
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                +1-571-434-5468
NeuStar

If you knew what I was thinking, you'd understand what I was saying.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>