Subject: DNSEXT WGLC LLMNR-40 (Link-Local Multicast Name Resolution)

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT co-chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:58:06 -0400

This message starts a WGLC for LLMNR ending on June 17'th.

Short history: The working group issued a Last call on this document[1]
(version -22) in August 2003, after major changes version (34) was
advanced[2] to the IESG in August 2004. The AD raised issues of
omission in the design of the protocol.
This resulted in a number of significant changes in the document.
The current version (40) has addressed all the issued raised by the
AD and subsequently by others.
As the changes to the protocol document and protocol itself are significant
the AD asked the working group to review the document again.

Current version of the draft is at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-mdns-40.txt

This document has an issues tracker at:
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/DNSEXT/llmnrissues.html

Summary of changes since version 33:
  - How names are determined to be unique and conflict resolution.
  - Coexistence of LLMNR, DNS and multiple transport protocols, this
    relates to if/when LLMNR is used and over what transport.
  - Editorial and clarifications of text.

The document is on standards track.

Please reply either to working group mailing list or both chairs with
comments, or acknowledgement that you have no issues with the document.

	Olafur & Olaf
[1] http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2003/msg01510.html
[2] http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2004/msg01466.html

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>