Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-trustupdate-timers-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Automated Updates of DNSSEC Trust Anchors
	Author(s)	: M. StJohns
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsext-trustupdate-timers-01.txt
	Pages		: 13
	Date		: 2005-8-16
	
This document describes a means for automated, authenticated and
   authorized updating of DNSSEC "trust anchors".  The method provides
   protection against single key compromise of a key in the trust point
   key set.  Based on the trust established by the presence of a current
   anchor, other anchors may be added at the same place in the
   hierarchy, and, ultimately, supplant the existing anchor.

   This mechanism, if adopted, will require changes to resolver
   management behavior (but not resolver resolution behavior), and the
   addition of a single flag bit to the DNSKEY record.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-trustupdate-timers-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsext-trustupdate-timers-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsext-trustupdate-timers-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.