Subject: example DS record for SHA-256

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:15:08 -0800

Here's an example section for the recent sha-256 ID; feedback
appreciated:

(note: was TDB appendix A in -00; moved to Section 2.3 to match 4034 style)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

2.3.  Example DS Record Using SHA-256

   The following is an example DSKEY and matching DS record.  This
   DNSKEY record comes from the example DNSKEY/DS records found in
   section 5.4 of [RFC4034].

   The DNSKEY record::

   dskey.example.com. 86400 IN DNSKEY 256 3 5 ( AQOeiiR0GOMYkDshWoSKz9Xz
                                                fwJr1AYtsmx3TGkJaNXVbfi/
                                                2pHm822aJ5iI9BMzNXxeYCmZ
                                                DRD99WYwYqUSdjMmmAphXdvx
                                                egXd/M5+X7OrzKBaMbCVdFLU
                                                Uh6DhweJBjEVv5f2wwjM9Xzc
                                                nOf+EPbtG9DMBmADjFDc2w/r
                                                ljwvFw==
                                                ) ;  key id = 60485

   The resulting DS record covering the above DNSKEY record using a SHA-
   256 digest: [RFC Editor: please replace XXX with the assigned digest
   type (likely 2):]

   dskey.example.com. 86400 IN DS 60485 5 XXX ( D4B7D520E7BB5F0F67674A0C
                                                CEB1E3E0614B93C4F9E99B83
                                                83F6A1E4469DA50A )

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>