Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsext-ds-sha256-03.txt

From: David Blacka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:45:46 -0500

A minor issue with this version:

In section 6.1, "The DS record with the SHA-256 digest fails to match  
the signature computed using the child zone's DNSKEY" isn't quite  
right -- DS records don't match signatures, they match digests.  I  
suggest using the same terminology from the preceding sentence.  That  
is:

   The DS record with the SHA-256 digest fails to match the digest  
computed using the child zone's DNSKEY.

Other than that, I think that this document is in good shape.

--
David Blacka    <[email-masked]>
Sr. Engineer    VeriSign Applied Research

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 09:16:36 -0800

>>>>> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 17:45:46 -0500, David Blacka <[email-masked]> said:

David> [proposed new text] The DS record with the SHA-256 digest fails
David> to match the digest computed using the child zone's DNSKEY.

So changed.

David> Other than that, I think that this document is in good shape.

cool.

-- 
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.