Subject: Updated draft - draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-12.txt

From: "Bernie Volz \(volz\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:04:42 -0500

I've just submitted another update of the dhcid-rr draft.

The changes are:
1. Added DHCID RDATA that was missing. Three people (myself, Mark Stapp,
and Olafur) independently calculated the values. Thanks to Mark and
Olafur for doing this.
2. Updated references from RFC 2535 to RFC 3548 in section 3.2 and RFC
4034 in section 3.5.
3. Revised the wording to clarify what is used from the DHCPv4 client
identifier option, i.e., the entire option's data (type and identifier)
is used.
4. Broke out the last 3 paragraphs as subsections to section 3.5 (3.5.1,
3.5.2, and 3.5.3) to separate out how the RDATA is generated.

These changes were suggested by Olafur to improve the quality of the
draft. Thanks Olafur.

What I submitted is available at
ftp://ftpeng.cisco.com/volz/draft-ietf-dnsext-dhcid-rr-12.txt until it
is published on the IETF site.

- Bernie