Subject: RE: Re: UTF-8 issues (Re: Open issues in DHCP FQDN,DHCID and DDNS-DHCP Related RFCs)

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 15:49:12 -0800

--On 3. februar 2006 17:54 -0500 "Bernie Volz (volz)" <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> So, I'll change the text to what you suggested with one minor change:
>
>    Clients and servers SHOULD follow the character-set rules of RFC 952,
>    fourth section ("Assumptions"), first 5 sentences, as modified by RFC
>    1123 section 2.1.  However, implementers SHOULD also be aware that
>    some client software may send data intended to be in other character
>    sets. This specification does not require support for other character
>    sets.
>
> Note that I changed it to cover the 5 sentences because I believe the
> additional sentences are required (lower case and space rules)?

Agreed - my writing was sloppy; I wanted to avoid the "-gw" language, but 
saying "character set rules" accomplishes that.
(Do omit the hyphen..... "character set" is much more common than 
"character-set"...)

                    Harald

_______________________________________________
dhcwg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dhcwg