Subject: WGLC dnssec-experiments and dnssec-opt-in

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:44:45 +0100

Dear Colleagues,

draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-experiments-00 has been on our stack for
quite some time draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in was updated to reflect
the content of the former.

In a mail to this group [1] we pointed you to these documents and
requested careful review of the methodology to perform these
experiments.

We would hereby like to issue a working group last call on
   draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-experiments-02
and
   draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-opt-in-08

The chairs think that it would be proper for the dnssec-experiments
draft to continue its life as an standards track RFC and for the
opt-in draft to continue as an experimental RFC and would like to ask
for consent or argued counter-proposals.

Please carefully review the methodology described in
dnssec-experiments and review if the methodology has been correctly
applied to the opt-in draft.

Please refrain from rehashing old discussions on the opt-in mechanism;
How experiments is applied to opt-in has relevance.

This working group last call will terminate March 15. We request at
least 5 people to state that they thoroughly read said documents
before we forward to the IESG.

Our apologies for leaving this shelved for so long.

--Olaf Kolkman

[1] http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2005/ 
msg00252.html

-----------------------------------------------------------
Olaf M. Kolkman
NLnet Labs
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/