Subject: RFC 4471 on Derivation of DNS Name Predecessor and Successor

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 16:43:12 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4471

        Title:      Derivation of DNS Name Predecessor 
                    and Successor 
        Author:     G. Sisson, B. Laurie
        Status:     Experimental
        Date:       September 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 42430
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dnsext-dns-name-p-s-01.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4471.txt

This document describes two methods for deriving the
canonically-ordered predecessor and successor of a DNS name.  These
methods may be used for dynamic NSEC resource record
synthesis, enabling security-aware name servers to provide
authenticated denial of existence without disclosing other owner names
in a DNSSEC secured zone.  This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the DNS Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet 
community. It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. 
Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.  Distribution 
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>