Subject: draft-ietf-dnsext-rollover-requirements-03.txt

From: Lindy Foster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:02:18 -0700

I have reviewed this draft and am satisfied with the current
version. I recommend it be advanced.

- --
Lindy Foster
SPARTA, Inc.
[email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 21:40:05 +0000

thats four folks from Sparta in favor.  

--bill

On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 02:02:18PM -0700, Lindy Foster wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
> 
> iD8DBQFFLApaAxJowVHHlGYRAljzAJ42T+QL0GIVLs1uUiY/Yg185Q8bKACgjCag
> tdM4A1PrQIomlyvCKnFi+XA=
> =aUQ9
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> 
> --

---

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:57:25 +0200

> 	thats four folks from Sparta in favor.

Noted.

May we expect a review from you to balance that scale :-)

--Olaf

-----------------------------------------------------------
Olaf M. Kolkman
NLnet Labs
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 12:05:28 +0000

> May we expect a review from you to balance that scale :-)

	well... (adding the last "in favor" to the list makes
	five from sparta) i think the criteria has been met to move
	the docset forward regardless of my opinions. ... 

	that said, i'll take the stance i took in Dallas.  this 
	requirements list does not meet my perception of keyroll
	requirements, as stated in Dallas, and the document authors
	chose not to include my concerns in the name of rough 
	consenses and expediency. so while this document may be reflective
	of many/most folks ideas on keyrollover requirements, it
	does not reflect mine.

	as a team player, i'll have to abstain from any other opinion
	here and let the community decide its fate.    

--bill

---

From: "G. S. Marzot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:12:42 -0400

primarily for my edification, is it possible to re-state the concern
concisely?...I have missed it in prior posts.

-G

-- 

Giovanni S Marzot
SPARTA, Inc.

--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:44:52 +0000

sure, but since my issues are OBE, lets not take up list/IETF
 resources with them ok??

--bill

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 11:02:40 -0500

Here's what I see on 
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06mar/minutes/dnsext.txt (the 
minutes from the Dallas meeting):

#...about Key Rollover requirements.
#
...
#	Bill:  I would like to point out there was possibly another
#	submission given to the editors.
#
#	Russ: And there was an offer of a fourth.
#
#	Bill:  One editor suggested that my requirements submission
#	was overly broad.
#
#	Bill's discussion was tabled.
#

I thought that would contain the concern, but it look like it hasn't 
been. Oh wait, there's more:

#	Bill returned to unshelf his issue.
#
#	Bill:  This document does not meet my idea of what requirements
#	are.  I've submitted some text and been told that it is overbroad
#	and overreaching.  What Bill thinks of as are requirements is
#	different form the editors.  He would like to sit down quietly and
#	beat them with sticks.  He is not going to hinder this document to
#	proceed, but it doesn't meet his requirements.
#

Well, still not enough documented to answer the question...

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                +1-571-434-5468
NeuStar

Secrets of Success #107: Why arrive at 7am for the good parking space?
Come in at 11am while the early birds drive out to lunch.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:21:43 +0000

> Well, still not enough documented to answer the question...

	er... it is possible, but not productive.  No one cares
	in this forum so there is no reason to be obstructionist
	and trying to stop the inevitable.  might as well let this
	go since there is an interest in seeing this work proceed.
	i'll proceed to document my own keyroll requirements and 
	implement based on my needs.  No harm, No foul.

--bill