Subject: Root deployment facilitation for DNSSEC

From: Thierry Moreau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:25:43 -0400

New individual submission draft:

DNSSEC Validation Root Priming Through SLP (DNSSEC-ROOTP)
Category: experimental

Abstract:

By assigning the SLP (Service Location Protocol, [RFC2608]) UA (User 
Agent) role to a DNS resolver, the present document opens the door to 
selective deployment of DNS root nameservice substitution within an 
administrative domain. This SLP scheme directly addresses the DNS 
resolver configuration scaling issue. It is envisioned that various DNS 
root nameservice substitution undertakings target their respective user 
base, and no single one will be exposed alone to the global scaling 
problem. Usage is limited to DNSSEC-enabled root nameservice. Moreover, 
from the SLP security features, the proposed scheme expands the set of 
DNS root trust anchor key rollover options.

The I-D is temporarily at: 
http://www.connotech.com/draft-moreau-srvloc-dnssec-priming-00.txt

Regards,

-- 

- Thierry Moreau

CONNOTECH Experts-conseils inc.
9130 Place de Montgolfier
Montreal, Qc
Canada   H2M 2A1

Tel.: (514)385-5691
Fax:  (514)385-5900

web site: http://www.connotech.com
e-mail: [email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>