Subject: Chair resigning

From: "Olaf M. Kolkman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 17:33:16 +0200

Dear colleagues,

I resign as co-chair of DNSEXT.

Over the last few years I've enjoyed co-chairing this group and  
helping the group to complete a number of documents. I have enjoyed  
serving you in this role and have learned a number of useful things  
about the group, the IETF, the DNS protocol, and myself.  
Unfortunately it is just not possible to dedicate sufficient time and  
energy on the IAB role, this role, and my day-job at the same time.

I will however continue to shepherd the documents that are past last  
call.

Our Area Director, Mark Townsley, has accepted my resignation and  
with the group going dormant has decided to leave Olafur as the sole  
chair for the time being.

A new charter, for this group is also forthcoming. Personally I  
support the group going dormant with the notion that it should be  
possible to wake up relatively easily. What I think the biggest  
challenge will be is to carry discussions on the mailing list to  
concrete internet-drafts that have sufficient folk behind them to do  
the real work.

--Olaf

-----------------------------------------------------------
Olaf M. Kolkman
NLnet Labs
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/

---

From: Dean Anderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 17:59:40 -0400 (EDT)

> chair for the time being.

I think it is quite important to appoint a co-chair who is not entangled
with the same interests as Olafur in order to scrupulously handle
conflict-of-interest issues.  These issues have been quite problematic
recently, expecially relating to DNS issues on other working groups such
as GROW and DNSOP.

I think we would be quite lucky if Dan Bernstein would take the job.

		--Dean

-- 
Av8 Internet   Prepared to pay a premium for better service?
www.av8.net         faster, more reliable, better service
617 344 9000   

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>