Subject: DNSEXT list policy

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:44:39 -0400

Periodic posting, updated 24/Sept/2007.

List Purpose:

   namedroppers at ops.ietf.org is the mailing list for the IETF DNSEXT
   (DNS EXTensions) working group.

   See <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dnsext-charter.html> for the
   WG charter.  Messages should be on topics appropriate to the DNSEXT
   WG, which are various discussion of the DNS protocols or
   administrivia of the WG itself.

- Specific items that are not appropriate for posting

   Calls for papers, announcements of events not directly relevant to
   the DNS protocols, etc. are not appropriate.

   Discussion of problems with particular implementations,
   announcements of releases, sites' misconfigurations, pleas for help
   with specific implementations, etc.  should be done on mailing lists
   for the particular implementations.

   There is a working group for DNS operational practice, DNSOP, whose
   charter can be found at
   <http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dnsop-charter.html>. Items
   relevant to the DNSOP charter are to be discussed on the DNSOP
   mailing list.

   Discussion about the quality of implementations is outside the scope
   of this list.

Moderation:

   Moderator: DNSEXT chair(s) unless otherwise announced on mailing list.

   Moderation is based on "subscriber-only with spam filter". To
   counter a certain class of spam mails, messages over 20000
   characters, originating from list subscribers, will be held for
   moderations.

   Questions or concerns related to the acceptance or rejection of
   specific messages to the namedroppers mailing list should first be
   discussed with the WG chair, with follow up appeals using the normal
   appeals process of RFC 2026 (i.e. follow up with area directors, then
   IESG, etc.).

---

NOTE WELL:

Any submission to the IETF intended by the Contributor for 
publication as all or
part of an IETF Internet-Draft or RFC and any statement made within 
the context
of an IETF activity is considered an "IETF Contribution". Such 
statements include
oral statements in IETF sessions, as well as written and electronic 
communications
made at any time or place, which are addressed to:
         - the IETF plenary session,
         - any IETF working group or portion thereof,
         - the IESG, or any member thereof on behalf of the IESG,
         - the IAB or any member thereof on behalf of the IAB,
         - any IETF mailing list, including the IETF list itself,
           any working group or design team list, or any other list
           functioning under IETF auspices,
         - the RFC Editor or the Internet-Drafts function

All IETF Contributions are subject to the rules of RFC 3978 (updated 
by RFC 4748)
and RFC 3979(updated by RFC 4879).

Statements made outside of an IETF session, mailing list or other 
function, that
are clearly not intended to be input to an IETF activity, group or 
function, are
not IETF Contributions in the context of this notice.

Please consult RFC 3978 (and RFC 4748) for details.

A participant in any IETF activity is deemed to accept all IETF rules 
of process,
as documented in Best Current Practices RFCs and IESG Statements.

A participant in any IETF activity acknowledges that written, audio and video
records of meetings may be made and may be available to the public.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>