Subject: AXFR draft on the way

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:29:11 -0500

I submitted a -06 of the document last night, I had to do the 
"manual" submission for some reason, which says "might take two 
working days."  There were some nits on it, so it's not perfect as 
is, I have no delusion it is headed "straight to last call."

I used the file name as before but changed the title to avoid the 
debate over clarifications.  Included are sections on case 
preservation, AXFR over UDP (by writing it out we may see a desire to 
kill it) and words on backwards compatibility.

I hope to see this document get done.  With so many years of 
experience with AXFR, there probably isn't a lot of time needed to 
noodle over concepts - but that doesn't excuse trying to feed the 
document through the system quickly.  This is about words and it may 
take time to get the words right.  But it's only about the words.

In the process of researching and writing this draft I noticed that 
the Forgery draft has expired.  I would hope to reference that in 
this document, provided such a reference won't hold up publication.
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                +1-571-434-5468
NeuStar

Think glocally.  Act confused.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:03:12 -0500

Edward Lewis wrote:
> I submitted a -06 of the document last night, I had to do the "manual" 
> submission for some reason, which says "might take two working days."  
> There were some nits on it, so it's not perfect as is, I have no 
> delusion it is headed "straight to last call."
>
Having discussed content issues before the text was available (perhaps 
not a good practice in general), I should weigh in early:
I've read it, and I'm quite happy with the words. Modulo any little 
things, would be happy to see it adopted once any minor things get fixed.

Brian Dickson