Subject: DNSEXT @ IETF-71 action plan and agenda items

From: Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 10:04:26 -0500

Dear colleagues,

For a sleeping working group we have been quite active over the last 3 months.

I would like to clear out as many issues in the documents we have as possible
over the next few weeks. To make the face to face meeting we are having in
Philadelphia as productive as possible, I'm asking document editors to
take some actions.

Document editors:
         Please update your documents before the deadline on Monday if there
         are resolved issues.

         For unresolved issues write summary post to namedroppers to focus
         the discussion on the mailing list.

Send in agenda requests to me, so far I have: (alphabetical)
         AXFR-clarify
         AXFR-over-UDP
         DNAME-bis
         DNS-profile
         dnssec-update
         forgery-resilience

During the transition of IETF's web-site to a new contractor our new charter
got lost, the charter sent out on December 26'th to IETF-Announce is still our
charter not the one on the web site. Once the charter is restored I have asked
for the following milestones to be listed:
Feb 2008 RFC2536bis and RFC2539bis advanced to IESG.
Mar 2008 DNAMEbis advanced to IESG
Apr 2008 ENDS0bis advanced to IESG
Jun 2008 Forgery Resilience advanced to IESG
Jul 2008 AXFR-clarify advanced to IESG
Dec 2008 DNS-profile advanced to IESG

EDNS0 interoperabilty report: the WG needs a volunteer to write it so 
ENDS0 can be
advanced to Draft-Standard when ENDS0bis is issued as a RFC.

In my mind the following Proposed Standard documents that the WG has
produced are the ones that is most urgent to update/fix/advance so
I'm asking for volunteers to take on editing the following documents:
         RFC1995 IXFR-bis,
         RFC1996 NOtify-bis
         RFC2136 Dynamic Update-bis
         RFC2181 Clarify-bis
         RFC2308 NegCaching-bis
         RFC2845 TSIG-bis
The (unrealistic) goal is to have these and DNS-profile all done by
the end of the year.

On my plate I have finishing getting Unknown RR Types/RFC3597 advanced,
and resole the discusses on RFC29292bis.

         Olafur

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:28:40 +0100

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:04:26AM -0500,
 Ólafur Guðmundsson /DNSEXT chair <[email-masked]> wrote 

> I'm asking for volunteers to take on editing the following

Does anyone maintain a list of errata/issues/obscurities for these
documents somewhere?

---

From: Jelte Jansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:18:13 +0100

> Send in agenda requests to me, so far I have: (alphabetical)

Well, I've submitted a new version of -rsa-sha256 last weekend. Open
issues on my end are the status of the new algorithms
(optional/mandatory), and I need to add a little text about nsec3 or
remove the references altogether. So a 15-second slot might be nice ;)

I've put up an html wdiff of -02 to -03 here by the way:

http://tjeb.nl/Publications/Current_Work/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-rsasha256-wdiff-02-03.html

Jelte

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:49:29 +0000

Jelte Jansen wrote on 02/21/2008 10:18:13 AM:

> Open issues on my end are the status of the new algorithms

What I would like to see is that support for RSA/SHA256 and RSA/SHA512 
DNSKEY's implies support for NSEC3-SHA1, so that we do not require new 
aliases to use these keys with NSEC3-SHA1.

Roy