Subject: [dnsext] draft-crocker-dnssec-algo-signal as WG item

From: Scott Rose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:56:31 -0500

>From the DNSEXT WG agenda:

5.  Proposed WG work (28 min)                                   16:23
    Excludes further forgery resilience work

    ...
    4.4   draft-crocker-dnssec-algo-signal (4 min)

The draft is still active in the Internet-Drafts database:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-dnssec-algo-signal-01.txt

Please feel free to suggest ways to change the general operation:  The
goal is to have a way for validating end clients signal which algorithms
they prefer to servers.  We suggest an EDNS flag but are open to
anything that would be a better solution.

Scott/Steve
co-editors of the draft

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:23:24 -0500

> anything that would be a better solution.

This draft has also not, as far as my records show, been adopted as a
DNSEXT item.  We did have a previous request for adoption, however.
If you support adopting the draft by the working group, please say so.
If you are willing to work on it (== review it through to completion),
please say so as well.  Without at least five committed reviewers, we
can't adopt it, since we won't have enough reviewers committed for
WGLC.

Best regards,

Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.