Subject: [dnsext] draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-alg-allocation-00

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 13:49:42 -0400

Dear colleagues,

In Stockholm your Chairs asked for a volunteer to provide a draft
specifying a change to the identifier allocation policy for DNSSEC
algorithm numbers.  Paul Hoffman volunteered, and accordingly posted a
draft.

There has been considerable discussion about the merits of the draft,
but the standard threshold for WG review has been met: at least five
WG participants have said they support adoption and that they will
continue to perform review.  Therefore, we believe the draft is
appropriately adopted as a WG item.

That said, we are aware that there are some participants who have
strong opposition to any alteration of the rules for assigning DNSSEC
algorithm identifiers.  Those participants should make their arguments
against such changes as part of the WG review process.

Best regards,

Andrew and Olafur.

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.