Subject: [dnsext] WGLC: Gost algorithms for DNSSEC

From: Olafur Gudmundsson/DNSEXT chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 19:13:00 -0400

Dear colleagues,

This note starts a WGLC for draft "Use of GOST signature
algorithms in DNSKEY and RRSIG Resource Records for DNSSEC"
URL for the document and its history:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dnsext/draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-gost
The document is on the standards track.

The WG last call is for 3 weeks as it overlaps IETF-76.  The last call will
end on November 19th at 23:59 UTC.

This document defines the use of GOST R 34.10-2001 digital signature algorithm
for DNSSEC. The document defines a DNSKEY format for the key, and a format
for storing the resulting signatures in a RRSIG record.

In addition the document defines a DS digest algorithm based on
GOST R 34.11-94.

Please read the document carefully, and send comments to the working group.

Document note: The document uses in examples an unallocated DNSKEY algorithm
code 249, when this document is issued as an RFC a different code WILL be
allocated, the only use of this code is for early interoperabilty testing.

The document process rules in this group require that at least
5 members of the working to state that they have reviewed the document
and there is consensus of support to publish as a Standards Track RFC.

         Olafur & Andrew

---

From: Basil Dolmatov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 10:42:51 +0300

> allocated, the only use of this code is for early interoperabilty testing.
The example of signature in the current text of the draft will NOT check 
with this protocol code.

If necessary, working examples for protocol code 249 can be supplied.

dol@