Subject: [dnsext] Ancient list archives

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:18:14 -0500

[No hat]

Dear colleagues,

Over on the Internet history list, there is a discussion about some
history of names and, specifically, TLDs.  The questions could be
answered with reference to old archives but, alas, there are none that
are public.

If anyone has access to pre-1990 archives of this (namedroppers) list,
I bet such people's observations in the thread including the message

http://mailman.postel.org/pipermail/internet-history/2010-January/001161.html

would be welcome.  None of the discussion there is even remotely
related to DNSEXT, but I thought I'd ask in case there are some people
here who have some old archives squirreled away.

Best regards,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:17:13 -0500

Oops. As someone pointed out to me, the reference isn't transparent.   
The list I mentioned is  <[email-masked]>

Best,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
<[email-masked]>

---

From: William Allen Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:08:25 -0500

> I bet such people's observations in the thread including the message
Sadly, I had a lot, but they were all printed on paper.  I was weary of
paying $180/month for a storage unit for my paper archives, and recycled
almost everything last April, including TCP and IP papers from the late
1970s, figuring I'd never look at them again.  Sorry.

---

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:46:26 -0800

>1970s, figuring I'd never look at them again.  Sorry.

In case someone else on this list is considering destroying valuable history like Bill did, strongly consider instead finding an archive who will take them. <http://textfiles.com/> should be your first stop; they are funded to scan historical records of the computer industry and make them freely available.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium