Subject: [dnsext] Report from chairs for IETF 77

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 19:01:11 -0400

Dear colleagues,                                                                
                                                                                
This is the DNSEXT Working Group status report from the Chairs.  As we
did for previous meetings, we are undertaking this report on the
mailing list rather than at the meeting.  Items not addressed in this
report should be part of the DNSEXT meeting at IETF 77.
                                                                                
Please be aware that, if there are issues you want to have addressed            
at the meeting and you feel they're not being addressed in this mail,           
you should not hesitate to raise them.                                          
                                                                                
Reminder: contributions to the WG are covered by the "Note Well"
statement, which can be found at
http://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html.

1.  DRAFTS PUBLISHED

    None

2.  DRAFTS IN OR PAST WG LAST CALL

    a.  IESG processing

draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-gost

    - DISCUSSes to be cleared

draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-alg-allocation

    - DISCUSSes to be cleared

draft-ietf-dnsext-axfr-clarify

    - Some nits to fix (in particular, issue with careless use of EDNS
      vs. EDNS0).  No DISCUSSes pending.

      b.  WGLC

draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc3597-bis

    - Summary coming from shepherd

draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2672bis-dname

    - This was waiting on discussion around "aliasing".  It looks like we
      have concluded that we will not alter DNAME to allow CNAME at
      the same name.  Therefore, the shepherd thinks the DNAME draft
      is ready to go.  Confirmation will be sought on the mailing list
      after we confirm this direction for certain in the meeting at
      Anaheim.

draft-ietf-dnsext-dns-tcp-requirements

    - The editor has prepared changes to address comments in WGLC, and
      is waiting for a go-ahead from the shepherd before posting.

draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-registry-fixes

    - Waiting for the shepherd's writeup.  The delay is Andrew's fault.

3.  ACTIVE DRAFTS 

draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-bis-updates

    - There will be a presentation in the meeting at Anaheim.

4.  EXPIRED DRAFTS

    - draft-ietf-dnsext-tsig-md5-deprecated

    - draft-ietf-dnsext-rfc2671bis-edns0

These are both languishing for want of attention.  We've been
successful in clearing many documents recently, and the editors of
these can expect some attention soon.

5.  OPEN EXPERT REVIEW REQUESTS

None

6.  PENDING REQUESTS FOR ADOPTION BY THE WG

We currently have requests to adopt draft-vixie-dnsext-dns0x20 and
draft-dempsky-dnscurve, as well as some things in the general topic of
DNS aliasing.  We will devote much of the Anaheim agenda to these
topics, so there's nothing to report here.

Another request for adoption is for
draft-barwood-dnsext-dns-transport.  There is no meeting time planned
for this, but the chairs anticipate that the discussion about
draft-dempsky-dnscurve will impinge upon it.  We will take into
consideration the discussion around this and then ask the WG for
feedback.  

7.  FOLLOW-UP FROM IETF 76

None (except specific document issues, addressed with those documents).

8.  OTHER WG ADMINISTRATIVE ITEMS

    8.1  Results of WG survey

We have placed the results of the WG survey at
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dnsext/trac/attachment/wiki/WikiStart/surveyresults.pdf.
Thanks to those who responded.

    8.2 WG mailing list announced move

Andrew didn't get his act together quickly, and then the aliasing
topic came up and we were inviting users to comment there, so this has
been postponed until things get quieter.

Respectfully submitted,

Olafur & Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]
Shinkuro, Inc.