Subject: [dnsext] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-sury-dnsext-cname-at-apex-00

From: Ondřej Surý <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 16:00:17 +0200

Hi,

I have pursued Mark's idea about having CNAME to live peacefully with 
SOA and NS.  I left out DNAME out on purpose to not turn the discussion 
around aliasing.  This is purely meant as an improvement on the existing 
CNAME record.  And extending this proposal with DNAME is just a added 
bonus we can get if we can agree on this proposal.

Ondrej

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-sury-dnsext-cname-at-apex-00
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 06:56:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-sury-dnsext-cname-at-apex-00.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Ondrej Sury and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-sury-dnsext-cname-at-apex
Revision:	 00
Title:		 CNAME at the zone apex
Creation_date:	 2010-08-18
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 6

Abstract:
This document proposes a modification to CNAME record to coexist with
SOA and NS records at the zone apex.  This proposal will improve
aliasing in the DNS system.  The users are often forced to manually
add duplicate A, AAAA and MX records by copying data from the target
zone to the aliased zone.  This forces zone owner to keep track of
target domain name since the mismatch in the data could cause
failures.  This administrative burden will be eliminated by allowing
CNAME to coexist with NS and SOA resource records.

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 
  Ondřej Surý
  vedoucí výzkumu/Head of R&D department
  -------------------------------------------
  CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.    --    Laboratoře CZ.NIC
  Americka 23, 120 00 Praha 2, Czech Republic
  mailto:[email-masked]    http://nic.cz/
  tel:+420.222745110       fax:+420.222745112
  -------------------------------------------