Subject: Re: [dnsext] Status of draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-alg-allocation

From: Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:28:54 +0200 (MESZ)

At Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:05:51 +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> For more than three months, draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-alg-allocation
> is in the same state in the RFC editor queue, RFC-EDITOR, which is
> strange for a short RFC like this one. Anyone knows what's going on?

a) To be precise:   s/more than three months/almost two months/

   According to the Queue history record, the draft entered
   RFC-EDITOR state on July 15th.

b) Regarding "what's going on?" : The IESG is used to send huge bunches
   of documents to the RFC Editor in the weeks preceding IETF meetings.
   This causes waves of ripple delays.
   For more reasons of RFC Editor focus on a specific document set
   during several weeks in this time frame, see the two most recent
   [T]RSE reports (#4, #5) available from
   http://www.RFC-Editor.org/RSE.html .

c) Update:  in AUTH48, RFC-to-be 6014  !    (since yesterday, Sept. 13)

Kind regards,
  Alfred.

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:57:37 +0200

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 01:28:54PM +0200,
 Alfred Hönes <[email-masked]> wrote 

> a) To be precise:   s/more than three months/almost two months/

Correction: entered in RFC editor queue on June 1st (long before the
IETF meeting). So, yes, not in the same state for three months but in
the queue for fore than three months.

> c) Update:  in AUTH48, RFC-to-be 6014  !    (since yesterday, Sept. 13)

OK, thanks for the information.